Tuesday, October 13, 2009

25 Days of Miyagi & Me

It's been a quiet few months on the blog front here, but instead of giving you excuses I'm going to give you something better. A story! Hurrah!

I'm currently counting down the days to my wedding (literally, we're now at 25) and since a paper chain only results in scraps of construction paper on the floor, I've decided to count down the 25 days with 25 stories of Miyagi & Me. That sounds like a children's book doesn't it?

I realize that in announcing this that I could be dooming myself to failure, but I'm hopeful that instead this will just refuel my desire to share my innermost thoughts with the vast internet void.

Today's story takes place almost one year ago Oct. 31st 2008. For the first time in years I had planned a spectacular Halloween costume, complete with home-made dress (thanks mom!) and about an hour of custom makeup that left smudges on all the walls like Tobias in AD.

I went dressed as Sally from The Nightmare Before Christmas, and even though most people thought I was just a creepy rag doll I kept hoping that at least one person would understand how awesome my costume was. Amidst a sea of cats, witches and sparkly-Halloween-make-up girls I tried not sound too dejected when I told Miyagi that I was ACTUALLY Sally, and not just a homicidal Raggedy Anne. He felt so bad that he didn't figure that out for himself, and later, when he asked me to dance I was sure it was just his way of trying to make up for it.

I was thrilled that he actually knew who Sally was, but I continued to make myself feel better by forcing him to do a variety of silly dances which looked HILARIOUS in his gnome get up. And thus began the courtship of Sally and the Gnome. Wow. There's another children's book!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey congrats! That's all.