Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It Runs in the Family

There's an old joke in our family about my grandmother getting lost in her own bedroom. Unfortunately it's not an exaggeration. She got up in the middle of the night, got turned around in the dark and couldn't find her way out of the corner. Yes, she eventually found her way back to the bed. And yes, we all tease her about it now.

While several character traits have been passed down through the women in our family (my mother and grandmother often purchase the exact same sweater although they're states apart) I was hoping that this one would pass me by. I've already resigned myself to constantly finding chunks of food stuck to my shirt, thanks Grandma, but as of yet I've had no indication that I might someday get lost inside my own house. Then I recieved this email.

Late last night when I couldn't sleep I went downstairs to watch tv for awhile. Going back upstairs there were no lights on but I've lived here a long time and know my way. I was sleeping in the other room since Dad is comming down with a cold, and as I got upstairs I could hear him snoring. I turned into my room to get in bed but I bumped into something that made a jangling noise, I couldn't figure out what it was and I couldn't find the bed, the door, or the lightswitch!! After several minutes of total confusion I realized I was in the wrong bedroom. So beware, you can get lost in your own house and it does run in the family!

Love you,
mom


This is what I have to look forward to. Next thing I know I'll be sitting on little boys in the movie theater.

2 comments:

HPLuvr said...

...but these are such endearing qualities...maybe instead of little boys you might be able to pick a big boy?

Bone Junior said...

Your mom and grandmom are da bomb, so it might not be such a bad thing to follow in their footsteps.

That being said, if you ever fall down in your silky pajamas, I don't think I'll be able to stop laughing long enough to help you up. I'm sorry.