Monday, September 10, 2007

The force is strong with this one


It happened again. I was psychic again.

ELISABETH*:
Hey can you fix my computer? I’m too inexperienced and generally not-as-smart as you are to understand how to work with email.

JANAY:
Don’t worry about it. It’s what I do.

JANAY moves like a ninja to the adjacent cubicle, lithely slipping into the welcoming office chair and reclining at a comfortable 45 degree angle. Her fingers tap decisively on the black, Dell keyboard.

JANAY:
I think I DejaVu’d this very scenario.

JANAY emphasizes the word “DejaVu’d” as if to say “notice my witty ability to verb nouns that you would never use in normal conversation.”

ELISABETH:
What do you mean? Remember, I am generally not-as-smart as you are and am confused by your witty ability to verb nouns.

Pause

JANAY:
I saw this before. I come over to fix your computer and while I was working on it you figure it out. It turns out to be some stupid little thing.

Longer Pause**

ELISABETH:
Did I log in as the right user?

Frantically JANAY closes and restarts the email program that is the bane of all QA-testers, the hellish demon known as Lotus Notes. ELISABETH’S suspicions are confirmed as the user name field is pre-filled with the previous user. A wide smile appears on ELISABETH’S face and she slowly lifts her hand to cover her gaping mouth.

ELISABETH:
That’s the freakiest thing I’ve ever seen.

JANAY:
My work here is done. Feel free to come back to me for all your psychic computer needs.

End Scene



By the way I have a magic 8 ball that I OBVIOUSLY don’t need anymore if anyone wants it.

* Some Z’s may have been replaced with S’s to protect the innocent.
** Pauses may have been elongated for dramatic effect.

1 comment:

Toots said...

That's fantastic! O YOU! I should've been going to YOU with all my problems this whole time. ARGH I'm such an IDIOT.